Information about the International Choreographic Festival - tender for children and youth "St. Petersburg Divertissement"
23.05-26.05. 2016, ” Music Hall near Finland station”
Address: St. Petersburg, Arsenalnaya embankment, 13/1. 100 meters from the metro station "Lenin Square"
The festival St. Petersburg Divertissement is an an international event for professional and amateur choreographic collectives and solo performers that takes place during the poetic White Nights time.
It is an opportunity not only to show your mastery, but also to enjoy beautiful views of St. Petersburg and its suburbs.
The mission of the contest is development, support and promotion of choreographic art around the world, education of artistic and esthetic taste, international exchange of creative achievements and identification of young talents.
The contest encourages:
• preserving dancing traditions as well as the traditions of the Russian classical choreographic school
• rise of production quality and acting art level
• creative cooperation of children and youth, international and cultural exchange
• learning about national traditions, culture, art and social aspects of life of the countries taking part in the festival
• strengthening of peace and friendly relations between the countries participating in the festival
Nominations and age categories:
Performance groups, duets and solo performers from professional and amateur schools can take part in the following nominations:
• classical/neoclassical dance: professionals and amateurs (solo performers, duets and groups)
• contemporary dance / modern dance: professionals and amateurs (solo performers, duets and groups)
• folk and character dance: professionals and amateurs (solo performers, duets and groups)
• variety dance / jazz dance: professionals and amateurs (groups)
• street dance, sport dance: professionals and amateurs (groups)
• folk groups: the groups showing original national creativity and art are welcomed
Age of participants:
• Group 1a (5-8)
• Group 1 (9-12)
• Group 2 (13-15)
• Group 3 (16-18)
• Group 4 (19-21) In this group participants under 30 are allowed (only for groups!)
• for folk groups there are no age limits
Performance time limit:
Number of performances for solo performers: classical/neoclassical dance - 2 (overall time no more than 4 min.)
Number of performances for solo performers: contemporary dance / modern dance - 2 (overall time no more than 6 min.)
Number of performances for solo performers: folk and character dance -2 (overall time no more than 4 min.)
Number of performances for duets: classical dance -1 pas de deux from classical repertoire (overall time no more than 6 min.)
Number of performances for duets: contemporary dance / modern dance – 2 (overall time no more than 6 min.)
Number of performances for solo performers: folk and character dance -2 (overall time no more than 6 min.)
Number of performances for groups – 2 (overall time no more than 9 min.).
The time limit specified shouldn’t be exceeded
The declared performance program can't be changed after the application form is accepted and confirmed by the organizers of the festival
The order of performing during contest entries for solo performers and groups is set beforehand and is announced on the opening day
The order of performing is worked out taking into consideration the time participants require to prepare for the following performance and cannot be changed
Rehearsal order is the same as the order of performing
Age groups 1 and 1a aren’t allowed to participate in the nominations classical/contemporary dance
Toe dancing is strictly forbidden for the age group 1 and 1a
Supporting music for choreographic, theatrical and other performances should be provided on MD, CD or USB
To promote national cultures it is preferable that participants show folk and national traditions in their performances, and also use national symbols (flags, traditional costumes) to take part in the opening and closing ceremonies.
Apart from performing in competition program all participants should have additional performances to show at the opening ceremony and final gala concert of the festival
Other events during the festival:
Round tables and workshops by leading experts in classical choreography and folk dance. Participants of the workshops and round tables will receive certificates of participation. The list of topics for the round tables is available for the performance group leaders, who’d like to receive it in advance, after sending the application form.
• tour of the Theatre Museum
• tour "The White Nights of St. Petersburg"
• press conferences for the mass media
• exhibition “The Magic World of Dance”
The contest program is judged by an independent jury which consists of honored art and culture figures, professional teachers of dance, performers, art patrons, representatives of mass media and government institutions and public figures.
The jury uses the following assessment criteria:
1. technique and artistic impression
2. performing diversity
3. ingenuity and novelty
4. musical support
7. time-limit observation
The jury uses ten-point scale.
The decision of jury is arranged by the protocol and isn't a subject to reconsideration.
The jury reserves the right not to give certain prizes and awards.
Prizes and awards of the festival:
All participants of a festival are awarded by diplomas.
The winners of the festival are awarded by the diplomas and valuable gifts.
The jury awards the Grand Prix irrespectively of the nomination.
Sponsors and the organizations have a right to award their own prizes and reward participants irrespectively of the jury decision.
To teachers and curators can be possibly awarded by the jury with special ranks: "Preserving national cultural traditions", "The best staging", "The best pedagogical work", "The best choreographic work"
Providing the organizing committee with video records of contestants’ performance (professional and amateur video of a dance fragment is acceptable, only DVD is accepted). Applicants provide the organizing committee with links of the video on the Internet (Youtube.com). Links have to be direct, not to downloading.
All application forms have to be sent to organizers of the festival by the set deadline together with the signed copy of the "Regulations of the Festival".
Application forms completed partially in handwriting aren't allowed. Applicants are notified on this officially.
The application forms had to be sent before April 16, 2016 to the organizing committee.
• Registration fee for solo performers and duets – 20 euro per person for participation in one nomination. For groups – 10 euro per person.
• The organizing committee assists in finding guided tours for participants of the festival for extra charge.
• Participants are accompanied by assistants for the time of the festival.
• Payment is confirmed by relevant financial records.
• Departure and arrival issues are participants’ responsibility, for assistance, please, contact Reisebuero VELT travel company.
• Regional public organization "St. Petersburg Community of Parents of Pupils and Graduates, Teachers and Graduates of Schools on Assistance of Development of School Education and Conditions of Educational Process in Schools"
• “Divertisment” charity foundation
• "EXPOLIN» exhibition company
Information about the festival will be published on the website:
Information support: web magazine “Petersburg Family”
Registration fees don’t include insurance. The organizing committee of the festival isn’t responsibility for possible for accidents, thefts during festival events or other time.
To register Russian Visa it is necessary to provide lists of collectives before April 16, 2016
o Expiry date of the travel passport not earlier than 26.07.2016
o Send all documents in electronic form and scanned to email@example.com
o Full Name (Latin letters)
o Travel passport number
o Date of birth
For further information, including journey and visa information, please, contact the coordinator of the regional public organization "St. Petersburg Community of Parents of Pupils and Graduates, Teachers and Graduates of Schools on Assistance of Development of School Education and Conditions of Educational Process in Schools"
Tel.: +7 812 954-58-70
Tel.: +7 812 449-96-72
Project managers will answer your questions:
Kuzmin Jaroslav of ph.:
+7 (921) 332-39-51
+7 (931) 314-62-82